A decadent and easy homemade Toffee Sauce, delicious served with pancakes or ice-cream. Make this from scratch in less than 10 minutes!Print
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Australian
A decadent and easy homemade Toffee Sauce, delicious served with pancakes or ice-cream. Make this from scratch in less than 10 minutes!
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over high heat.
- Stir until the butter and the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly until it is smooth and has thickened in texture.
- Pour the sauce into a small jug.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Keep any leftover sauce in the fridge in a glass jar.
To reheat, simply spoon the cold sauce into a small saucepan and heat gently until it is warm.
Golden syrup has a distinct taste which, I think, is hard to substitute. However, a common substitute in the US is light corn syrup.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 20.3g
- Sodium: 119.1mg
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 1.4mg