Chicken Dumpling Soup

16 November 2012

Post image for Chicken Dumpling Soup

A little while back, I had posted quite a few reviews on recipes from Rachel Khoo’s delightful French cookbook, The Little Paris Kitchen. For a short time, it looked like I was cooking my way through the book, and indeed I was – just a lot of the recipes haven’t made it to my blog for various reasons. Having been distracted by some events in recent months, I’m hoping to do a little catch-up here on the blog, starting with this post on Rachel Khoo’s Chicken Dumpling Soup, to be followed shortly by an in-depth review of a few other recipes from The Little Paris Kitchen.

For me, The Little Paris Kitchen has been a choice cookbook purchase this year. It’s rather rare that I am inspired to cook so much from one cookbook, even when a recipe hasn’t worked out or if I find the instructions to be a little confusing, or even when a recipe doesn’t even excite me in the first place!

When I first saw the segment on Rachel Khoo’s cooking show for her Chicken Dumpling Soup, I marvelled at how simple it looked, but I never thought I would actually try to make it; when I think of a chicken dumpling soup, I think of my mother’s version which is heady with coriander (cilantro), spring onions, pepper, chillies and lime. Now that is a soup which can comfort and chase the blues away.

But in the spirit of trying new recipes, I gave Rachel Khoo’s version a try.

As someone who doesn’t normally have homemade chicken stock to hand in the fridge, I opted for some quality chicken stock cubes. And perhaps that was the wrong foot to start on. Given that a chicken soup relies heavily on the quality of its stock, taking this shortcut was perhaps not the best idea as chicken stock cubes are often quite heavily flavoured and are not as subtle as when homemade. But having used stock cubes for my soup base, this recipe was rather a breeze to make.

The chicken dumplings were very quick to put together. The ingredients are simply whizzed together in the food processor into a paste, and then shaped into quenelles before being added to the soup. A quenelle is shaped like a little football and which can easily be achieved by using two teaspoons in a scooping motion. At a pinch, you could just simply dollop small amounts of the paste into the soup (the paste will be too gloopy to be handled with your hands).

The whole time when recreating Rachel Khoo’s recipe, I was itching to add some coriander (cilantro), chillies or even fish sauce in order to turn the soup into a familiar Vietnamese supper. But I persisted in following the recipe and remarkably managed to serve the soup for dinner that evening sans any Asian ingredients. When serving the bowl of soup to my husband, I think he registered that it looked familiar. But upon biting into a quenelle, he looked at me with a confused expression.

“It’s French”, I told him.

“Where’s the coriander?”, he asked. “No chilli?”

“It’s French”, I repeated. “Do you like?”, I asked, somewhat hopeful that he was pleased that I had made an attempt at his national cuisine.

“I might be having dinner with work colleagues tomorrow night”, he responded.

So this French dish was not quite a hit in our home. Admittedly, Rachel Khoo informs that the soup is inspired by one made by her Austrian grandmother; the dumplings shaped into quenelles were perhaps the French twist to her family recipe.

I wouldn’t say that the soup tasted bad, but it didn’t taste great enough for me to make it again. This is perhaps due to some bias on my part because it looks very much like my mother’s Vietnamese chicken dumpling soup – in which the dumplings are also shaped into quenelles and the broth is sweetened with chunks of carrots – and which happens to be a staple dish from my childhood whenever someone at home felt poorly.

That said, others might find this soup to be quite pleasant as I imagine that it wouldn’t be too dissimilar to most western-style chicken soups. The dumplings are quite light but the texture didn’t appeal to me. Moreover, hubby couldn’t at first identify what he was eating. Despite the above, perhaps the whole dish would have tasted differently if I had started with a good homemade chicken stock. It’s very rare that I would make a chicken soup from a stock cube, or from a can, bottle or Tetra-pack for that matter, and I was reminded why in this instance.

If anyone else has made this soup, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Chicken Dumpling Soup
Recipe adapted from The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo
Serves 4 as a main course

Despite the photos which I have taken of this Chicken Dumpling Soup, I anticipated that dinner would not be very satisfactory that night. So I cooked some small pasta shells to add to the soup to make it a bit more substantial.

The food processor was hell to clean afterwards! Somehow the paste ended up in every nook and cranny of the bowl, blade, lid, etc. Be prepared to slave a bit over the kitchen sink, although I hope you will be luckier than I was.

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom 16 November 2012 at 7:32 pm

I love this!!!! Looks so warm, inviting and delicious!!!

Melange 16 November 2012 at 8:16 pm

My God,I can’t resist…Perfect season for that soup..Loved your ingredient clicks..Fresh and clean as usual..

TheSpicySaffron 16 November 2012 at 9:38 pm

Awww, it happens so many times with me too, Thanh. Sometimes our taste buds are conditioned to like a dish with the distinct old flavor. More so, nothing is comparable to food cooked by one’s mother :)
Loving the technique of making/cooking quenelles for this soup. Can’t figure out it’s texture , though. Was it soft and spongy?
Picture are perfect as usual!

eat, little bird 16 November 2012 at 11:16 pm

Oh you are probably right – nothing beats your own mother’s cooking :-)

I’ve tried quenelles before, served the traditional way where they are baked and served with a creamy tomato sauce. The quenelles for this soup were a bit different, perhaps because they were cooked in a broth. They were indeed quite soft and spongy and didn’t quite taste of chicken. Maybe I was a bit light on the seasoning, but I wanted to follow the recipe quite closely.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has tried this recipe and found it to suit their tastes.

Rushi 17 November 2012 at 10:40 am

Thanh I too would be dying to add coriander to the original recipe, it’s just that certain spices and herbs are part and parcel of the way we cook that it’s sometimes so difficult to move away. I do hope you’d post your mom’s version because I’d love to try it out.
I’m guessing that my hubby would like this recipe as he’s not a big fan of all things spicy so when I do make this I’ll pop in and leave an update.
xo

eat, little bird 17 November 2012 at 1:45 pm

I’m glad you feel the same way :-) I do enjoy western-style soups but Asian broths always appeal much more to me. This particular soup is far from spicy so I hope your husband will enjoy it :-)

Christine @ Cooking Crusade 17 November 2012 at 1:27 pm

I just looove your photography and caption style!!!! Very cool. This soup looks perfect, wouldn’t mind a bowl of that right now, esp with some noodles :)

eat, little bird 17 November 2012 at 1:46 pm

Thanks, Christine :-) I would definitely add some noodles or small pasta to this soup to make it a bit more substantial.

Peiji 20 November 2012 at 1:51 am

I can watch the episodes all day, and this does look interesting
but at the same time, I feel like the texture of the quenelle’s
might turn me off ><

eat, little bird 22 November 2012 at 12:33 am

I guess you won’t know unless you try it … I think some extra seasoning in the quenelles may have made a difference, but the texture would have still been a bit too spongey for me. At the end of the day, I’m glad I tried the recipe and at least it confirmed that nothing beats my mother’s chicken dumpling soup :-)

Peiji 20 November 2012 at 1:52 am

I really want to try her spring lamb stew though :)

eat, little bird 22 November 2012 at 12:35 am

Me too! I thought about making it in early spring but I hope to try it sooner or later.

Paula 20 November 2012 at 8:40 pm

Wow! Even if I really love Rachel Khoo, it’s true that this isn’t one of my favourite recipes! I saw it, not eat it, but I knew it would be difficult for me to go into the kitchen to cook it, and if you don’r recommend it, I think I have no more to think about ;)

I’m not very friend of soups, and the idea of a dumplin in my soup, even if I know it’s usual in some type of cuisine, it’s not my strong point :P

Anyway, is nice to see you again!! And I see you have Katie’s book, I was thinking about buyin it, cos it looks so nice and cute!

eat, little bird 22 November 2012 at 12:39 am

That’s interesting that you saw this recipe and it didn’t interest you. It didn’t interest me much either but I was just curious to try it. I actually love dumplings in general, especially Austrian dumplings, but I’ve only ever eaten those steamed or baked as a side-dish, never in a soup. And Rachel Khoo’s Baguette Dumplings are incredibly delicious with Boeuf Bourguignon!

Yes, I recently received a copy of Katie’s new cookbook and am so happy to have it :-) The Sticky Chicken with Sesame and Chilli were absolutely delicious!! I have tried quite a few similar recipes for sticky chicken wings and Katie’s recipe was very good, something I will definitely make again, especially since you don’t need to marinate the chicken beforehand. I can’t wait to try more recipes from her book :-)

Paula 12 December 2012 at 9:17 pm

The funny thing is that I like the dumplings of Rachel’s Bourguignon, but here, with the soup, too much for me, jajaja
I love potato balls of German food sometimes, and some other I hate them, it depends of the recipe, the restaurant, I mean, cos never have tried at home!

But, since I saw the recipe at Rachel’s TV show, I want to try the bourguignon with the baguette dumplings, it sounds so nice!!

anita menon 24 November 2012 at 11:38 am

Beautiful recipe. Would want to adapt this to a vegetarian version….

eat, little bird 26 November 2012 at 9:18 pm

Hi Anita,
I think quenelles are more traditionally made with fish, so that is definitely an alternative to this chicken version.

Jennifer (Delicieux) 5 December 2012 at 12:16 pm

What a shame the soup wasn’t quite as good as you’d hoped Thanh. It looks so delicious and comforting nonetheless. Especially those dumplings. Have shared your mothers chicken soup. If not I’d love to see that recipe as I’m sure it’s amazing.

The Food Sage 11 December 2012 at 2:47 am

I’d love the recipe for your mother’s version of chicken dumpling soup … sounds more my cup of tea!!

Stacy 30 December 2012 at 1:59 am

Made the recipe, but used thighs and added cracked pepper. After watching Rachel’s videos, she doesn’t use salt and pepper the way I do, so I bumped up the seasoning. Was very yummy on a cold and rainy Los Angeles day!

eat, little bird 30 December 2012 at 3:40 pm

I would agree with some extra seasoning. How wonderful to hear of people cooking French food all the way in Los Angeles! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed this recipe.

alan 30 December 2012 at 6:12 pm

i saw the episode where Rachel prepared this. It seemed sort of a ‘cheat’, her pouring stock from a bottle, until i heard her state that she had made some previously and stored it. i was intrigued when she was making the quenelles with chicken and so on…….and then i realized i was simply watching someone make standard ‘chicken soup with matzoh balls (albeit with ‘chicken’ matzoh balls, but nonetheless…) that is a standard in Jewish culinary fare. i was not surprised by many comments here of a ‘spongey’ texture, as that is what matzoh balls have. but after seeing comments of ‘lack of flavor, of spice’ and the overall ‘would rather not’, i shall skip this one. (however i did purchase her book!)

eat, little bird 30 December 2012 at 6:37 pm

You are quite spot on in that this soup is quite similar to a Jewish chicken soup with matzoh balls. I guess Rachel’s version has the chicken meatballs shaped into quenelles for a French touch. I think if you like a bit more spice and flavour in your food, I would season the quenelles much more and, to that end, season the broth differently too. Having said that, there is probably a place for a simple chicken soup as per Rachel’s recipe. Whilst this particular recipe wasn’t quite a hit in our home, her book still remains a favourite for me :-)

Anita 4 January 2013 at 7:24 pm

To clean your food processor: ad warm soapy water to the bowl, pulse for 10 seconds, wash as usual. No nooks & crannies mess.

eat, little bird 4 January 2013 at 10:08 pm

Thank you for this tip! I will certainly try it next time!

maya 10 February 2013 at 7:24 pm

I saw this on YouTube and searched for the recipe. That is how I found this blog. I just ordered Rachael’s book but it had not arrived yet. Thank you for posting the recipe. Just made it and it’s fantastic! Made this type of dumplings before and they always fell apart this came out perfect and soup is so sweet because of carrots and mushrooms. Serving it to kids when my little one wakes up, can’t wait for his reaction, he is my ultimate seal of approval :)

eat, little bird 13 February 2013 at 12:52 pm

I’m glad to hear that this recipe worked out for you. Hope your little ones will enjoy this soup! Thanks for stopping by :-)

The Patterned Plate 15 February 2013 at 12:29 pm

Hmm, I can see how this would be plain for your tastebuds ;-) I do think the chicken stock has a lot to do with a pared down broth like this, so maybe that’s the difference? I tried making dumplings once…unmitigated disaster! Have to give it another go and I might try this one out. But then again, I have my mother’s spiced chicken soup, there’s the vietnamese pho, there’s chinese noodle soups, Malay Laksa’s and whoa, that’s a heck of a lotta punch for such a simple broth to stand up to!

eat, little bird 16 February 2013 at 12:14 pm

Too right! I think you and I are perhaps used to more punchy broths so this simple soup was a bit too simple for my liking. But again, I think it was completely due to me using a stock cube when a good, homemade chicken stock would have made a world of a difference. I ought to give this recipe another try but bump up the flavourings a bit.

rob 15 February 2013 at 9:31 pm

Thanks so much for breaking down this recipe. I made this for Valentines day and it was very impressive. To make this recipe i think you need to be all in. I went to Whole Foods and bought an over priced chicken and boned it my selve for the breasts and used the rest to make this stock. This is probably the most important part since the stock makes this dish work. One thing I did was put the breasts in my freezer for 45 mins which i think helps with the food processor. The mushrooms were a great touch and only needed a min. Otherwise i loved this dish and it was a fun simple elegant dish.

eat, little bird 16 February 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thank you so much for your comment. You have confirmed that this soup would be absolutely delicious if prepared “correctly”, that is to say, with a proper chicken stock. The next time I make this soup, I would also go about it the same way as you have. I would also recommend that others do the same! Did you add any additional herbs or vegetables when making the stock?

rob 16 February 2013 at 4:09 pm

I meant to mention that I made a brown chicken stock. I roasted the chicken bones and vegs ( leeks, carrots, celery, and garlic at 450 for 45 Min. ) I resisted adding any herbs besides parsely because I wanted to make the recipe as exact as possible. I should add that this is a dish that is better the next day. Definity buying her cook book.

eat, little bird 17 February 2013 at 12:42 pm

No wonder your soup tasted so delicious! You have inspired me to make this soup again very soon. It sounds like you also enjoy cooking very much. You will not be disappointed by Rachel Khoo’s book. I hope you will try her other recipes also.

rob 17 February 2013 at 8:10 pm

Yeah, to make this dish you have to search out the very best ingrediance your town has to offer. I also spend three days on the stock. First day, make stock, strain it and cool it. Second day- clearify stock at least twice. Third day, reduce stock in half. You want that deep dark rich stock for this dish and if you watch how Rachel made the dish that is what she had. I think you need to think a little like a Pariesen.

rob

David 19 February 2013 at 1:51 am

For us, it is a great recipe when we are in the mood for clean, simple looking, light flavors. We loved the texture of quenelles especially, scented with nutmeg. Lovely dish. A huge compliment to you on the photos!!!

eat, little bird 19 February 2013 at 5:06 pm

Thank you! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed this recipe.

Annabella 17 March 2013 at 2:54 pm

I too loved this recipe; am a great fan of Rachel Khoo. BUT can anyone tell me the make & source of the hand-held food processor she uses; she just throws everything in including the meat & whizzes it ! Any clues about the make?

Melissa 23 March 2013 at 1:54 pm

Hi Annabella, if you haven’t found out by now, the processor she uses is Electrolux Mixer – Ultra Pro Mix. In a different post elsewhere people were looking for it and someone mentioned an interview where Rachel mentioned it by name. Apparently though no one could find it for sale any longer. Alternatives were thrown out and a Cuisinart immersion blender w/whisk and food processor attachment is a good compromise. Hope that helps!

eat, little bird 24 March 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for your response, Melissa! These stick blenders with a bowl attachment are quite popular and I think most brands do the same thing. They are very handy for small kitchens and I used to own one when I was a student. But it’s always good to know what brands chefs use :-)

Margret 21 March 2013 at 12:02 pm

Thank you for beautiful description, but in reading it all I wanted was to try out your childhood version of chicken dumpling soup, sounds delichious, do you share such things?

eat, little bird 24 March 2013 at 12:25 pm

Hi Margret,
It’s rather heartwarming that so many people want to know about my mum’s version of chicken dumpling soup. I hope to post the recipe soon :-) With a young baby at the moment, time for blogging has unfortunately been a bit scarce but I hope to have more uploaded soon.

stephanie 22 March 2013 at 8:22 am

Hi there,

I have made just the quenelles, cooked in the stock and then I made a sauce Blanche with the juice of the stock then I put my quenelles into a dish with the sauce Blanche on the top and added some cheese and I put that in the oven for 10 min to brown the cheese. I served that with salade and it was delicious !!

eat, little bird 24 March 2013 at 12:27 pm

That sounds delicious!! It also sounds similar to how quenelles are traditionally served, a dish which I like very much. Thank you for sharing!

Donna 12 April 2013 at 1:57 am

Yum!Thank you for this recipe. I added some pasta and some celery as well and it was so tasty! I will definitely be making this again

eat, little bird 12 April 2013 at 1:26 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe! I also like the addition of pasta to this soup.

tryinghardtocook 22 April 2013 at 4:14 pm

Just made this! The visuals were really helpful? I added onions to give the stock a bit more flavour. Delicious

eat, little bird 24 June 2013 at 9:44 am

I’m glad that you enjoyed this recipe!

DAVID AZZOPARDI 21 June 2013 at 7:16 am

Hi winter in Australia at the moment. This recipe caught my eye on TV. So I will give it a go looks wholesome for a cold Winters night. Thankyou.

Dave

eat, little bird 24 June 2013 at 9:46 am

This is definitely comforting winter food. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.

Cataluna 22 June 2013 at 4:19 pm

I decided to make this last minute for dinner tonight, which is where I discovered your lovely website. Because it was last minute I didn’t make my own stock, but used a combo of powdered vegie stock and a chicken stock pot (the jelly one). I forgot to add nutmeg to the soup & added extra salt & pepper to the quenelles, but I thought it was a lovely, filling soup, perfect to warm me up on a cold winter night. It’s the first time I’ve made quenelles, so that was an adventure! I’d love to try this again with homemade stock. And I’ll definitely be trying other recipes from Rachel’s book.

eat, little bird 23 June 2013 at 12:42 pm

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed this recipe. I’m sure it will taste even more special with homemade stock, something which I plan to try very soon! Have fun cooking from Rachel’s book – she has a lovely collection of recipes.

Karen 23 June 2013 at 8:40 am

Hi all you fellow foodies, from the Sunshine State of Queensland, Australia!

We’ve just passed the winter solstice here so, like David said above, this recipe is perfect for right now.

I’m also hooked on Rachel Koo (and another couple of Poms who feature in the ‘Spice Trip’. A double treat for Thursday night telly but just one more Little Paris Kitchen left now, alas).

I came across your blog looking for her chicken dumpling recipe. Thank you so much eat little bird (?Piaf) for posting your superb step-by-step instructions. I bought chicken breasts y’day especially so hope to try it tonight. Forgot mushrooms though so will add roasted onions and more seasoning too.

The original is probably perfect for anyone ‘feeling poorly’ – plain, comfort food. My Mum’s chicken noodle soup evokes special memories for me, being the first thing I ate after being ill for a week! Heaven on a stick :)

And yep, I’ve learned there is NO substitute for real stock!

eat, little bird 23 June 2013 at 12:46 pm

Hi Karen,
Lovely to hear from another foodie from Queensland :-)

Good luck with this recipe – I hope you will enjoy it as much as some others have. You can certainly play around with the ingredients a bit and I would definitely up the seasoning for both the broth and quenelles.

Chicken soup seems to be comfort food to a lot of people and Rachel’s version is a nice take on the classic. If you can use homemade stock, you’re already off to a wonderful start!

Bea 24 June 2013 at 3:58 am

Hi, yup, Winter in Australia and we just saw the episode covering this soup. It looked sooo delicious and I had to try it. We had visitors, and as I had served a heavy meal the day before ( slow cooked lamb shanks ) i thought a lighter meal before their return trip would be good. It was a full hit! The grown man liked it the same then my 6 year old daughter! I used Massel vegetarian chicken flavour stock and spiced the dumplings a bit more. They where delicious!!! We did feel quite satisfied – no pasta needed. P S I made double batch, worked well ( the mix-thingie similar to Rachels had to work hard) love & Respect Bea and thank you for the great job re-creating this here!!!

eat, little bird 24 June 2013 at 9:26 am

It’s wonderful to hear that your family and guests enjoyed this recipe! The quality of the stock makes a big difference so thank you for letting us know what you used. It sounds like you are a great cook so I’m sure your tweaks to this recipe made it very delicious :-)

Kelly 1 July 2013 at 6:03 am

I love the look of this soup! Also LOVE the sound of your mum’s soup!!! Mmmmmm Vietnamese….. Do you think you could blog your mum’s recipe?!?!

eat, little bird 2 July 2013 at 10:54 am

Hi Kelly,
It’s on my list so I will definitely try to soon!

Kristina 1 July 2013 at 7:15 am

So happy to report that everything was splendid .. maybe it’s all in the expectations? My German grandmother made sublime dumplings, and I’ve tried everything, but nothing rose to MY expectations. Until now. I was highly dubious about raw chicken in dumplings (?), but they were light as could be, and delicious, indeed like little sponges I used homemade broth. The whole thing was great .. and I had no trouble whatsoever with clean-up of the food processor. I don’t know what make yours is .. mine is the standard Cuisinart, but it washed easily with soap and water, and the dough confined itself nearly completely to the interior of the bowl. This is a wonderful recipe!

eat, little bird 16 July 2013 at 9:46 am

I’m pleased that this recipe worked out for you! I think perhaps the success of this recipe is dependent on your homemade broth. I really ought to try this recipe again soon with some better stock, especially after reading all of the positive feedback here :-)

Rebecca 8 July 2013 at 11:34 am

I think using good chicken stock would make all the difference with this recipe – I didn’t use homemade stock as I am pretty time-poor, but I used a really good quality carton stock from the supermarket. I also used baby carrots for extra sweetness and baby brown button mushrooms as I prefer them to the standard white cap mushrooms.
I too was a bit unused to the texture of the dumplings but I could probably get used to it! I might have a play around with the quantities of chicken to bread to see if that makes a difference.

eat, little bird 16 July 2013 at 9:48 am

I have also wondered about the chicken to bread ratio and if more bread might mean a more fluffy dumpling? That said, my dumplings turned out quite light, just a texture I’m not really used to. Perhaps I should instead reduce the amount of bread …

Hing-Yang 16 July 2013 at 6:14 am

I had a go at making this soup last night. Instead of white bread I used whole wheat. I added garlic to the mix too. For the stock I used cubes supplemented by chicken bones (from the breast), some slices of chicken in excess of the 200grams and I added celery and an onion (onions are great in most soups!).

In terms of the results, I must say it was very unusual at first, but it was light, spongy and springy (bit like chinese beef balls) to bite. The whole wheat does make it a little darker in colour (not much) but definitely gives it a nice texture. Overall I loved it and the soup was excellent. BTW I only added the parsley into the soup bowl not the pot.

Now I’ll try it on my unwitting friends :-) as a starter, followed by my homemade mince beef (& ale) and onion pie.

eat, little bird 16 July 2013 at 9:51 am

Sounds like you have made this recipe your own :-) Your changes sound wonderful and I think adding chicken bones to the stock would boost the flavour immensely. That’s also interesting that you used whole wheat bread – that would also add a different flavour to the soup and dumplings, I think. Thank you so much for leaving your feedback! I’m sure your friends will love your version. In fact, it sounds like they are in for a delicious treat at your place!

Rich Price 27 July 2013 at 1:29 pm

The only thing that makes nervous about this dish is how the chicken cooks so quickly?

(I know, I know, but I am the kind of person that cooks meat for 20 mins if it only needed 10)

ron shapley(NYC) 2 August 2013 at 7:02 pm

Add what you want.. It’s JUST cooking. Be experimental. That’s the fun of it all..

Sarah 31 January 2014 at 2:07 pm

Hello. I saw the episode of Rachel Khoo a while ago on BBC and I thought to myself, I outta make it. I love chicken soup! But I forgot about it, and now The little Paris kitchen is running on a cookchannel in Belgium and I taped the episodes and there was the chicek soup :)
Later this week I’m gonna try it, pretty sure my baby of 1 will like it, she eat’s everything :)
The husband and 3 year old are a harder crowd :) He’s into “normal” food and my 3 year old is into cookies and all that is sweet :)
But he always incourages me to try new things, as I often do.

I found your blog while looking for the exact recipe and I really like your blog, gonna try some recipes from it.

Bye :)

eat, little bird 31 January 2014 at 4:35 pm

You’re lucky that your baby will eat everything! My 14mo son is a bit fussy …

I hope you will enjoy this recipe, as well as a few other recipes from Rachel Khoo which I have shared on the blog. I loved her show, The Little Paris Kitchen, and can’t wait for her new show to air on TV. Happy cooking!