For a special meal with friends and family, nothing is more inviting than a classic Beef Rib Roast, served with Crispy Roast Potatoes and your favourite gravy.
COOKING TIMES & INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR ROAST BEEF ON THE BONE
Aim to stop cooking the meat at 5°C/40°F less than the following stated temperatures. This is because the meat will continue to cook as it rests.
* Rare: 35 mins per kg/15 mins per lb, 50°C/122°F
* Medium: 45 mins per kg/20 mins per lb, 60°C/140°F
* Well Done: 70 mins per kg/30 mins per lb, 70°C/158°F
* Just before roasting, generously sprinkle the surface of the meat with lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
* Just before roasting, spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard over the top surface of the beef, followed by lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
OVEN & STOVE TEMPERATURES
All recipes on this website have been tested on an induction stove and/or with a conventional oven (i.e. an oven without fan). All recipes on this website use temperatures for a conventional oven, unless otherwise mentioned. Convection ovens (i.e. fan-forced ovens) are typically 20°C/70°F hotter than conventional ovens, but please check your manufacturer’s handbook.
To convert from cups to grams, and vice-versa, please see this handy Conversion Chart for Basic Ingredients.