Burnt Cream with Prunes
- Author: eatlittlebird.com
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- 500 ml (2 cups) full cream milk
- 35 g (1.5 oz) semolina
- 4–6 dried prunes, roughly chopped
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and bring it to the boil
- Add the semolina and whisk continuously for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens nicely.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the prunes.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 4 ramekins.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of sugar over each ramekin, making sure you have an even layer of sugar.
- Use a handheld blowtorch to lightly scorch and caramelise the sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Nutritional info per serve
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 31.2g
- Sodium: 58.4mg
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 9.8mg