Waffles with Salted Caramel Sauce
Easy to make Waffles with a quick Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Author: eatlittlebird.com
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8 waffles (depending on waffle iron)
For the waffles
For the salted caramel sauce
- To make the waffle batter, place the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk into a large measuring jug, add the eggs, and whisk lightly.
- Whisk the milk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, whisk in the melted butter.
- Set the batter aside to rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salted caramel sauce by melting the butter with the light muscovado sugar, caster sugar and golden syrup. Simmer the sauce gently over medium heat until it darkens slightly and thickens. Carefully whisk in the double cream and simmer until the sauce is a thick but pouring consistency. Take the sauce off the heat and add the salt, a little at a time to taste.
- Preheat the waffle maker and cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve the waffles with a light dusting of icing sugar and salted caramel sauce on the side.
- Serving Size: Serves 6 to 8
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 333.7mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 91.5mg