- Author: Thanh | Eat, Little Bird
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-4
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Make the perfect Stovetop Popcorn at home with this easy recipe! Recipe with step-by-step photos.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium-sized pan which has a tight-fitting lid, over medium heat.
- Add 2-3 popcorn kernels.
- When the popcorn kernels start to pop, take the pan off the heat.
- Add the remaining popcorn kernels.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and return to the stove over medium heat.
- After a few minutes, the kernels will start to pop rapidly.
- Give the pan a shake from side-to-side a few times so that the unpopped kernels can settle on the bottom of the pan.
- If your pan starts to overflow with popcorn, simply remove the popcorn at the top of the pan to a large serving bowl. Then replace the lid and continue cooking until all of the kernels have popped.
- Once the popping has reduced to about one per second, you can take the pan off the heat.
- Sometimes, some of the kernels will simply not pop, so you can discard these.
- Season with fine salt to taste and toss well.
- Serve immediately, but the popcorn keeps well for a few hours.