Spicy Baked Beans
- Author: eatlittlebird.com
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3-4
Spicy Baked Beans with a kick of chipotle powder!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (3.5oz) pancetta, rind removed and diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tins of cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder (or to taste)
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tins of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Thickly sliced fresh bread, toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until it’s golden and crispy.
- Turn the heat down and add the onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the tinned cherry tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, barbeque sauce, Dijon mustard and chipotle chile powder. Simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add some sea salt and/or freshly ground black pepper. If you like more heat, you could add more chipotle chile powder.
- Stir in the tinned cannellini beans and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Stir through some of the chopped parsley.
- Serve the baked beans with some toasted and thickly sliced fresh bread, and sprinkle some more parsley on top to garnish.
- Serving Size: Serves 3 to 4
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 284.3mg
- Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 16.5mg