Quick and Easy Waffles
A recipe for Quick and Easy Waffles which are crisp and crunchy on the outside. This recipe does not use yeast or require you to separate eggs, perfect for a lazy brunch or breakfast.
- Author: eatlittlebird.com
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6-8 waffles
- 200 g (1 1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 300 ml (1 cup plus 3 tablespoons) full cream milk
- Make sure the eggs and milk are at room temperature. If the eggs are fridge cold, place them in a bowl with some warm water for about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the waffle machine.
- Pour some batter into the machine, making sure it covers most of the mould.
- Close the lid and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve warm or hot.
- This recipe makes 6 to 8 waffles if using a heart-shaped waffle machine.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 519mg
- Fat: 13.5g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 90.5mg