- Author: Thanh | Eat, Little Bird
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 375 ml (1.5 cups)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: British
An easy lemon curd recipe with just 4 ingredients which you can make in a few minutes. Perfect for using at breakfast or in cakes and desserts.
- 100 g (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g (1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons) caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Once the butter has melted, whisk in the lemon mixture.
- Continue whisking the mixture over medium heat until the mixture has thickened.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, take it off the heat briefly while you check the consistency.
- The lemon curd is ready when it coats the back of a spoon, and when you draw a line through it with your finger, the line remains.
- Taste to see if you need to add more sugar or lemon juice as lemons can vary in size, sourness and sweetness.
- The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store the lemon curd in a sterilised glass jar in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 14.3mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 79.7mg