A quick and easy tomato sauce which you can serve simply with pasta or use in a variety of recipes.
IN A HURRY?
Simply leave out the onions, and use tomato passata (tomato purée) for a shorter cooking time.
USE DIFFERENT SPICES
Some suggestions for variations include:
* Add 1-2 teaspoons of crushed red peppers (dried chilli flakes) to the onions and garlic for a spicy kick.
* Add 1 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs to the onions and garlic.
* Add or substitute fresh marjoram or oregano.
Add some chopped vegetables to the onions and garlic, such as:
* courgette (zucchini), cut into large slices
* aubergine (eggplant), cut into small dice
* capsicums (bell peppers), cut into large dice
To convert from cups to grams, and vice-versa, please see this handy Conversion Chart for Basic Ingredients.
View the recipe online: https://eatlittlebird.com/easy-marinara-sauce/